Asus Eee PC 900Display : 8.9", 1024 x 600 resolution
CPU : Intel Celeron M 900mhz
Network : Ethernet and 102.11b/g
Memory : 1 gig
Storage : 4 gig SSD
OS : Windows XP / Linux
Additional : SD memory card reader, 3xUSB, VGA-out, earphone jack, mic, built-in speakers.
Dimensions : 8.86 in (W) x 6.69 in (D) x 1.33 (H)
Weight : 0.99 kg / 2.18 lbs
Battery Life : About 2.5 hours.
Price : $125 firm (shipping included)
Hey everyone, I'm looking to sell my Asus Eee PC 900. I picked it up refurbished and it's been sitting there being a home server. I still have everything in the box. Display is clear and with no dead pixels. Here's a picture of all the bits (not my photo).
- Small and light, it's barely there in a bag.
- Very usable for simple computing, such as email, web surfing, document editing. It's actually surprisingly fast when you use Chrome. IE and Firefox also runs fine.
- Plays back YouTube and Hulu with no problems in a window. Can also play back DIVX and AVIs.
- Built in WiFi so you can connect to the internet wherever there's a hotspot.
- SSD (Solid State Drive) so the hard drive is very resistant to drops and shock, basically no moving parts in this netbook.
- 4 gig SSD doens't leave a lot of room. Only 600 megs left after Windows XP install. More space available if Linux is installed. You can always add more disk space by using the built in SD card reader.
- Although the keyboard has almost all the keys of a normal keyboard, the keys are quite small. It actually gives me hand cramps when I type for too long.
- You can play back web video, YouTube and Hulu, but video skips if you make it full screen or try to play the HD versions of the video.
- System gets warm after a while. Not hot or burning or anything, but very warm. (Good for winter?) ;-)
It comes default with Linux, which includes Web browser (Firefox), office suite (Open Office), email (Thunderbird) and other things like Skype. I've put WinXP on it right now so it's most compatible, but there's no included apps. I can install whatever you like.
I can also take payment in installments if you don't have the cash right away.
Let me know if you're interested, first comment, first served. :)